Monday, June 7, 2010

A different project and a few challenges!


Hello! Here is a box instead of a card! Something a little different all thanks to The Wild Flower Patch challenge this week - Box It Up!. I got the template for this for FREE right on their challenge blog! Check it out!! The image is also from the Wild Flower Patch (one that I won!)....

I found out about the Allsorts Challenge Blog from my friend Mary, I would have liked to have used the same image that she did for this challenge but that seemed like being a copy cat and as much as she likes cats, I wasn't sure she'd like that, soooooooooooo.....instead I just used the colors for their Strawberries and Cream Challenge this week!

Cupcake Craft's challenge is called "Dazzle Us!" this week. Pollycraft Monday's Challenge is "Ribbon and Bling". These were pretty similar so I covered both of those basically the same way. I had seen a tutorial someplace about using one of those plastic circles that people cover with yarn (okay, really bad description) to use as a template for circle stitching, etc. Well, when I was at JoAnn's today, I happened to see one and picked it up. That's how I made my round glitter dots. My other bling is actually a pair of earrings that I used as the center for 2 of the flowers. I stole this idea from my mother, my brother needed a birthday present for a girl when he was in 7th grade or so, she was one of those girls who had EVERYTHING, well, my mom got her a few flowers and put a pair of earrings through the leaf of one of the flowers, it was pretty cool and a big hit (and not too expensive either). I thought this would be a cute idea for a girl's birthday present, put a little gift inside and with the earrings added it makes a pretty cool present. You just have to make sure the box doesn't get thrown away with the earrings still in it!

Wow, I guess I got rambling a little bit! Hope you like this fun little project!!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful decorated gable box! Your image is super cute and the flowers and pearls are fab! Thanks for joining us at WFP this week!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous Katie! Great job with the template and I love the flowers and pearls! Thanks for joining us at the WFP!! Jen :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie, what a gorgeous card. Love the image and the colour scheme is stunning. Thanks for joining in with my "dazzling" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun is this project! I love your colour combination a lot! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!
    Hugs, Marit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just wonderful! Thank you so much for joining the Allsorts challenge this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty box! Love the ribbon and bling! Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge this week.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete