Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Birthday Present??





Hello! I'm pretty excited about this project.....I think it's going to be part of my mother's Birthday Present!! It's sneaking up fast - Monday is only 3 days away!!
Anyway, this project is for Phindy's Challenge Blog. This week's challenge is to make a 3D Project, it can be a card with 3D elements or a whole project. I decided to use a template that I got from the Wild Flower Patch - Uptown Takeout. I haven't used it before so I was excited about that. I'm also excited that, with the exception of 1 piece of cardstock, I used all scraps - again! If you saw my scrap bin, you wouldn't believe I've been using it!!
So, back to the project. I thought this would be perfect for my mother who likes to "tinker in her yard". It would be neat to put seed packets and roll up a pair of garden gloves or one of those mini flower kits, but I'll probably end up filling it with candy! While I was making this, I was thinking of other Phindy Images that you could use to make different "birthday boxes": "Sudsy Suzy" would be great with bath beads in the box, "Jacks" would be perfect with Jacks in it, "Hopscotch" would work perfectly with some sidewalk chalk.....okay, you get the idea, there are lots of options!
Well, I guess I've chatted enough about this project, can you tell I liked it? Hope you do too!

12 comments:

  1. Katie, what a great project and you must have the bottomless pit of a scrap bin. I love all your ideas for other boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous project - well executed. I love your suggestions for filling these boxes too.
    Super job.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute idea! glad u joined in at Phindys again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is simply gorgeous hun..love your take on challenge. Such a gorgeous colouring and design!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Phindy's, good luck!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as can be, Katie! Thank you for joining us this week for the challenge at Phindy's Place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome, Katie!! What a great take on the challenge!

    Thank you for joining us at Phindy's Place this week!! We can always count on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - Look at you.... This is awesome! I'm sure your Mom will absolutely love it... and it better be PERFECT... you know how she loves to critique your work! LOL

    Thanks for playing along Again! =)
    Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww.. Katie.. that's too sweet! What an adorable project! Your mom will LOVE it :)
    Thanks for playing again with us at Phindys!
    {hugs} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous, love the take out box design, and well done again for using up your scraps. I should really take a leaf from your book!
    thank you so much for joining us for a Phindys challenge this week
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous box Katie, your Mum will love it!

    Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place Challenge this week

    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omgoodnes! So adorable. I just love this image and you're colored her perfectly! So glad you could join us at PP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is perfect!
    Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place challenge.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete