Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A whole bunch of challenges!


A friend of mine shared a link with me to Summer Driggs' Blog, she has the most amazing digi papers! They come in complete digi kits and are free! (She does have paypal set up so you can send her a donation if you wish.) Well, when I saw that Cupcake Craft's challenge this week was blue and green, I immediately thought of Summer's paper pack, Relax. They're perfect!


Of course, I then went off in search of challenges to combine it with...


Digital Tuesday's Challenge is called "Cool-It!". They want images with water/beach/or tropical themes to help us "cool down" after a hot summer. I thought of "Splashy Siena", one of Phindy's Summer Cuties. She's helping cool down that cute little duck! I think the cool colors of Summer's Paper complement the theme and image nicely!


I then needed a sketch. After looking through a few, I decided on Sketch Saturday's sketch this week. That one just caught my eye!


After picking the sketch, I went through some more challenges to see if anything fit....lo and behold, I found 2 more!


Spoonfull of Sugar has a choice of 2 challenges this week. You can either make a shaker card OR do a 3-2-1 with 3 flowers, 2 buttons, and 1 ribbon OR combine the two. Shaker cards never quite work out for me sooooo, I decided the 3-2-1 would work well with this sketch. I decided to use lace for my ribbon, actually, it's paper lace. I wish I knew where my mother found it (or that she could remember) because I love working with it and it's almost gone!




Sooooooooooooo, this led me to my final challenge to combine all of these with......Crafty Sentiments Challenge this week is "lace". Well, that was easy, I had already planned on using lace.


So, that's my card! Hope you like it!!!




5 comments:

  1. Hi! Cute card, love the little flowers! Great take on our Blue & Green combo challenge, thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenge! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie this is one beautiful card I love the colours and that image is gorgeous superb work hun and thank you so much for sharing it with us at Digital Tuesday this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! Love the image, faboulous sketch and papers too.
    So happy you joined us at digital tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card and your paper piecing just gets better and better. I love the yellow edging on the diagonal across the page. It makes the image POP!

    ReplyDelete