Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dare You To Digi - Use Your Punches & Phindy's Place - Blue, Green, and Orange Challenge

Well, I had quite the challenge last night, making a card with blue, green, and orange....for some reason these colors just don't seem to go together for me. I also decided to combine this challenge with Dare You To Digi's Challenge 31 - Use Your Punches!
Anyway, this past weekend, I came across a tutorial for a tri-shutter card on Split Coast Stampers and fell in love with the idea, soooooooooooooo, I decided to try out a tri-shutter blue, green, and orange card with a Phindy Image! Here is what I came up with.....
(front of card when closed)


(opened card from left)
I used an ity-bitty flower punch for the 6 flowers in the corners of the orange panel on the right hand side.


(opened card from right)
I used my Stampin' Up flower punch to make a 3 layered punch on the bottom of the middle panel!

If you would like to join in on the challenge, go to Phindy's Group on Paper Craft Planet (she gives away free images to her members too!)!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word Katie this is stunning those colours really look great together and the image is wonderful. I am delighted to have visited you not only to see your wonderful creations but this is the fold card that I have been trying to think of all day lol....so you have helped me tremendously
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to help! I'm glad that my being up at 4:30 Sunday morning and finding the tutorial helped someone else! I have to admit, I was not too happy to be up that early but it seems it worked out for the best all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Very Cool, what a brave girl, I have not yet attempted this fold. Too nervous to try! LOL
    Awesome work girl.
    Hugs
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete