Thursday, September 2, 2010

A touch of frost


I'm back with another Christmas Card. This one just looks frosty to me!

For this card, I used a Phindy Image - I just love this snowman and his little friends. Phindy's Challenge this week (which ends today) is "Christmas In August". I don't normally like blue for Christmas but this seemed to work for me last night.

The sketch that I used is from Friday Sketchers - as usual, I wasn't sure about the sketch until I started working with it, I think it turned out pretty cool! (haha, frosty/cool, I'm just so tricky!)

Winter Wonderland's challenge this week is "All I want for Christmas". All I really want for Christmas is to be with my family and friends so this little snowman is getting just what I want!

Over at Pollycraft Monday, they want us to "add a little nature" to our cards. All of these furry and feathery friends are my touch of nature.

Papertake Weekly is challenging us to add just one of something on their card (images don't count) in their "Just the One" challenge. I have just one flower!

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely Katie! One of my favourite images and frosty indeed

    Thanks for joining us again at Phindy's Place Challenge
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your second card is beautiful, too! Yup, the blue totally works with this snowman scene!

    Thank you for joining us for the Phindy's Place challenge this week. Come back again tomorrow for a new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue really works for this image and the addition of the silver branches is a great touch. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place again.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card you've made!
    Love the soft colours you've used!
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!
    Hugs, Marit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blues of this card. Christmas doesn't have to be red and green, it can be soft blues.

    ReplyDelete