Thursday, September 16, 2010

One More Green Card!




I realized tonight that I almost always do Phindy's "Birdie" image in blue. Soooo, I decided to make her green for this week's challenge (that ends in just a little bit) at Phindy's Place. I paper pieced her because it's easier to paper piece while holding an infant than it is to color! Really, that's the only reason. For no reason at all, this turned out to be a monochromatic card (except the birdie).

I used digital papers from Summer Driggs Design. I really enjoy her papers and it's so nice to have so many that go together so easily!

There was no plan for a layout for this card, I was just playing. I think I like the way it turned out and the lacing was fun!

Hope you enjoy it!

Oh, and don't forget to go to Phindy's Challenge Blog tomorrow for her new release of Christmas Cuties!! Can't wait!!!

4 comments:

  1. Katie, this is fabulous! I just love everything about it - from your beautiful papers, to the lovely laced ribbon to your darling coloring of the image.
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Phindy's Place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katie, this is fantastic! Love the 'cording' you created and the monochromatic look of your card is just perfect!
    Again: THANK YOU for joining us at Phindys Place Challenge! :o)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I think this card turned out a whole lot better than all right. It's actually pretty darn cool. Love the papers(I'm a huge fan of Summer's too) and your paper piecing is awesome as usual. Can't imagine operating a pair of scissors for the delicate cutting and holding a baby at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, beautiful paper piecing and that lacing is so perfect!!! It would be horribly wonky if I'd made it!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete